Our Data Scientists translate business expectations into mathematics and implement models that solve some of the biggest problems our customers deal with on a daily basis. This code then needs to be tested and put in production so that our customers can use it seamlessly.
At Transmetrics, the Data Science team deals with three main topics:
– Data Cleansing: Make the customer’s data more reliable (outlier detection, imputation, etc.) Logistics data is often entered manually which is typically prone to errors;
– Forecasting Demand: Predict how many trucks, packages or containers will have to be shipped between two locations at a given date. Such predictions have to take into account seasonality and special days (public holidays across the world, Black Friday, etc.);
– Optimization: What is the cheapest way to satisfy all the delivery deadlines? This typically leads to Mixed-Integer Programming problems with hundreds of thousands of variables (or more!).”
– Degree in a Relevant Major: Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar majors;
– Solid Programming Skills: Experience with Python and/or R. Knowledge of Docker is a plus.
– Write Production-Ready Code with the Data Science Team: Help productize promising prototypes from the Data Science team. Your code will run live in our product and needs to be robust to data inconsistencies;
– Collaborate with Data Scientists and the Engineering Team: Exchange ideas, discuss technical problems;
– Learn and Grow: From day one the team is there to help you develop. Gradually we expect new members to start assisting with data integration and feature design as they get more acquainted with the product and the business logic behind it.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME:
– 70% – Writing code, testing and documenting;
– 20% – Collaborating with other data scientists;
– 9% – Interacting with non-technical colleagues or customers;
– 1% – Drinking coffee (or tea).
Why Transmetrics Is A Great Place To Work
Work that MattersYou will be building a product that will dramatically optimize the cargo industry – this is our way of “changing the world for the better.”
Competitive SalariesOn top of them, you get 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, an opportunity to work from home when needed and a convenient office location in the center of Sofia.
Challenging ProblemsBe challenged by technically complex problems in the fields of big data, predictive analytics and machine learning.
Awesome PeopleLearn from a strong international team of 24 people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
Friendly AtmosphereHave fun along the way in a dynamic, creative, and friendly atmosphere without the burden of the office politics.
Growing QuicklyAdvance your skills and develop yourself in a rapidly growing startup, which is already generating solid revenue and has first-class customers.
Don't miss your chance to join Transmetrcs!
Transmetrics is a rapidly growing company that is dramatically changing the cargo transport industry worldwide by predicting and optimizing capacity utilization. This is a huge industry - more than €2 trillion globally. At the same time, it is extremely inefficient as average capacity utilization is only 57%, and 1 in 4 trucks you see on the road is traveling empty!
To solve this problem, Transmetrics developed a Big Data predictive analytics SaaS that is designed specifically for cargo transport industry. We use statistical algorithms, data mining, and machine learning techniques to create accurate shipping demand forecasts and to suggest the most optimal transport plan. Being the first company in the world to focus on predictive optimization for the cargo industry, Transmetrics is now a strong and reliable partner for many leading logistics companies worldwide.
Transmetrics founders and the team have extensive domain knowledge in the cargo industry as well as deep technical expertise in building massive data processing and predictive analytics solutions. We have solid backing from both venture capital and high-profile angel investors from the industry.
The opportunity is great, but we need you to help us get there! Build your career with us!
"Why did I change cozy Vienna with rapidly developing Sofia? Because I wanted to make a real impact. I used to play football as a kid. Currently, at Transmetrics I feel like playing in the Champions League. We apply the most innovative technological solutions and work with the biggest companies in the world. We compete with Silicon Valley companies, founded by Stanford graduates and Google employees. Despite that, we gradually make our way to the finals. A company to be proud of."
Dimitar Pavlov > Head of Business Development
"At Transmetrics I have the opportunity to apply my knowledge in math and programming to various real-world problems. The logistics industry still works in an old-school way, and I feel like there is a lot to be done in automating and optimizing the operations. It eventually results in lowering the traffic and decreasing the CO2 emissions, which is a big motivating factor for me because of the positive impact my work can have on the planet."
Alexis Zubiolo > Lead Data Scientist
"Data is the Gold Rush of the digital age. In Transmetrics, we develop great tools that give operational data wings. We also give wings to our employees. Six years ago, I started as a data geek who had no background in Software Development. Now, I am the Product Manager and I am managing the biggest development initiative in the history of the company."
Dessislava Tsvetkova > Product Manager
"I choose to work at Transmetrics because I have the ability to contribute to the development of real and promising solutions for the logistics industry. I want to know that my work matters and it could improve my company and make the business of our clients more efficient, which is exactly the case of Transmetrics. On top of that, I appreciate the excellent working conditions such as 25 paid days annual vacation, office in the very center of Sofia and many others."
Stoyan Hristov > Senior Software Engineer
To apply, please fill in the form below. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview (usually within 1 week).
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.