Picture Credits: DCSA, Port of Rotterdam, Volvo Trucks, Continental, Nikola Motor Company, Uber Freight, Flexport, Wing, Amazon
At the beginning of the new year, it is always useful to go back and analyze the announcements of the previous year to better understand what is coming ahead. While we have already discussed the logistics and supply chain technology trends for 2020 earlier, looking at the news from 2019 can adjust our vision for the announcements of the current year and demonstrate which companies and sectors we should expect to develop the most over 2020.
Below are the most important and interesting logistics technology announcements which were on our radar during the past year – from the growing importance of investment into the sector to impressive real-life cases of the most innovative technologies in logistics and supply chain.
Here is the list of topics in this article:
- Digital Container Shipping Association
- The Spotlight on TradeLens
- The Rising Importance of IoT in Container Shipping
- Alternative Power for Trucking and Delivery
- Autonomous Trucks
- Delivery Robots
- Uber Freight Expansion
- Investing in the Digital Future of Logistics
- Amazon – the Elephant in the Logistics Room