Innovation leads the progress. It has become an unstoppable process. And the only way to keep up with this process, when you are a part of a highly complex industry as logistics, is to innovate yourself. Companies that are waiting for innovation and just planning to implement some current trends will stay behind the companies who are investing in implementation at this exact moment. If DHL invests into Augmented Reality systems for warehouses and industry forecasts show that pilotless cargo planes and anticipatory logistics will be common practices in several years, why other logistics companies are still asking “Are we ready for this?” In our opinion, it is too late to ask such questions and it is the right time to test and invest in new technologies.
Welcome to the August Issue of “Across Logistics” news release, where we are presenting you the latest innovations in logistics.
Here is the list of topics in this issue:
- Autonomous cargo planes to be in operation by early 2020s, report states
- DHL tests Augmented Reality in its warehouse operations
- Anticipatory logistics will bring the biggest impact on the supply chain
- Ford and DHL cooperate to bring the electric van to German operations
- Amazon patents an underwater storage technology